Potsdam is located in St. Lawrence County, New York and was founded in 1806 and was the site of both the St. Lawrence Academy (Now SUNY Potsdam) and Clarkson University. It is famous as the exporter of Potsdam sandstone.
Scope of Collection
This collection consists of photographs, taken mostly between 1905 and 1915, which mostly depict horses and horse drawn carts and wagons in the town of Potsdam, New York. Included also in these photographs are depictions of storefronts, homes, roads, and other structures in and around Potsdam.