Items in New York Heritage are organized into collections, which provide additional context for understanding their significance and meaning.

Finch, Pruyn and Company was founded in 1865 when Jeremiah and Daniel Finch, along with Samuel Pruyn, purchased the Glens Falls Company mill in Glens Falls, New York. In 1880, the company purchased its first Adirondack tract, more than 13,000 acres, and quickly accumulated well over 100,000 acres of Adirondack forestland, becoming the largest lumber business on the Hudson River. The company was incorporated in 1900 and paper production began in 1905 and still continues to this day. The last river drive carrying logs from the Adirondack Mountains down the Hudson River occurred in 1950.
This collection includes the papers of or relating to Rev. John Christopher Hartwick and the establishment of the Hartwick Seminary. The documents reflect the life of John Christopher Hartwick, and his work with the Lutheran Synod.
Documents and images related to the creation and maintenance of the Nyack Turnpike.
Selected artwork from the Dorsky Museum including paintings, drawings, photographs, collages, and metalwork.