League of Women Voters of Amherst
The National League of Women Voters was established in February 1920, six months before the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified, which gave women the right to vote following a 70 year struggle. In 1939 the League of Women Voters of Amherst was founded. The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy. BNHV holds material relating to the League of Women Voters of Amherst including newsletters, newspaper articles, publications, meeting minutes and scrapbooks.
Collection owner: Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village