Roosevelt Wild Life Station Collection
The Roosevelt Wild Life Station was established by an act of the New York State Legislature in 1919 to memorialize Theodore Roosevelt as a wildlife conservationist. The Station was established at the College of Forestry at Syracuse University (now SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry) through the efforts of Dr. Charles C. Adams, who was a professor of forest zoology at the College and went on to become Director of the New York State Museum in Albany.
Items in the Roosevelt Wild Life Station (RWLS) Image Collection were produced by RWLS staff and researchers. Many of the photographs were used in the Station’s publications of Annals and Bulletins. The subjects of these photographs include: the Adirondacks, Yellowstone National Park, North American wildlife, and more. The Terrence J. Hoverter College Archives at SUNY ESF houses over 12,000 photographs and corresponding negatives from the Roosevelt Wild Life Station..
Collection owner: SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry