U.S. Army 52nd General Hospital Photographs
Mobile military hospitals were organized by the U.S. Department of War as early as 1940 in anticipation of American involvement in World War II. These mobile hospitals would be used for surgical and medical treatment of casualties suffered in combat. The 52nd General Hospital was one such hospital, which was affiliated with Syracuse University College of Medicine. This collection offers an extensive look at the life of medical personnel who served during training in Camp Livingston, Louisiana and at the actual camp in Kidderminster, England. In addition to photographs, several oral histories from members of the 52nd are available in this collection. For more information about the 52nd General Hospital, read an excellent history found in SUNY Upstate Medical University: A Pictorial History.
Collection owner: SUNY Upstate Medical University